Piotr Slomka, PhD
Piotr Slomka, PhD
The research of Piotr Slomka, PhD, focuses on the development of automated software and algorithms to allow analysis of 3-D images of the heart, in much the same way as an experienced human operator would. He also studies the application of artificial intelligence techniques to the measurement of parameters critical to understanding the state and behavior of the human heart.
Awards & Activities
- Board of Editors: Journal of Nuclear Cardiology, Current
- Board of Editors: Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Current
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology, 2008
- Fellow, Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine, 1997
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 1995
- Member, American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM), 1994
- Member, Society of Nuclear Medicine (SNM), 1993
- Slomka PJ, Dey D, Przetak C, Aladl UE, Baum RP. Automated 3-dimensional registration of stand-alone (18)F-FDG whole-body PET with CT. J Nucl Med. 2003 Jul;44(7):1156-1167.
- Slomka PJ, Fieno D, Ramesh A, Goyal V, Nishina H, Thompson LE, Saouaf R, Berman DS, Germano G. Patient motion correction for multiplanar, multi-breath-hold cardiac cine MR imaging. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2007 May;25(5):965-973.
- Slomka PJ, Fieno D, Thomson L, Friedman JD, Hayes SW, Germano G, Berman DS. Automatic detection and size quantification of infarcts by myocardial perfusion SPECT: clinical validation by delayed-enhancement MRI. J Nucl Med. 2005 May;46(5):728-735.
- Slomka PJ, Hurwitz GA, Stephenson J, Cradduck T. Automated alignment and sizing of myocardial stress and rest scans to three-dimensional normal templates using an image registration algorithm. J Nucl Med. 1995 Jun;36(6):1115-1122.
- Slomka PJ, Nishina H, Berman DS, Kang X, Akincioglu C, Friedman JD, Hayes SW, Aladl UE, Germano G. "Motion-frozen" display and quantification of myocardial perfusion. J Nucl Med. 2004 Jul;45(7):1128-34.
- Slomka PJ, Nishina H, Berman DS, Kang X, Friedman JD, Hayes SW, Aladl UE, Germano G. Automatic quantification of myocardial perfusion stress-rest change: a new measure of ischemia. J Nucl Med. 2004 Feb;45(2):183-91.