Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Qiang Wang, PhD
Qiang Wang, PhD
The research of Qiang Wang, PhD, focuses on the molecular mechanism of cancer progression and metastasis, the signaling network involved in pancreatic tissue regeneration and pathogenesis of pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer, and cancer-stromal cell interaction and its role in tumorigenesis.
- Master's: Fordham University, 1994
- Doctorate: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1998
Awards & Activities
- UCLA Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) Center for Translational Technologies(CTT) Core Voucher Award, 2015
- Cedars-Sinai/Sanford-Burnham Joint Research Grant Award, 2011
- Donna and Jesse Garber Award for Cancer Research, 2010
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications.
- Morvaridi S, Dhall D, Greene MI, Pandol SJ, Wang Q. Role of YAP and TAZ in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma and in stellate cells associated with cancer and chronic pancreatitis. Sci Rep. 2015 Nov 16;5:16759.
- Huang JM, Nagatomo I, Suzuki E, Mizuno T, Kumagai T, Berezov A, Zhang H, Karlan B, Greene MI, Wang Q. YAP modifies cancer cell sensitivity to EGFR and survivin inhibitors and is negatively regulated by the non-receptor type protein tyrosine phosphatase 14. Oncogene. 2013;32(17):2220-2229.
- Berezov A, Freudenberg JA, Cai Z, Zhang H, Thompson T, Murali R, Greene MI, Wang Q.Disabling the mitotic spindle and tumor growth by targeting a cavity-induced allosteric site of survivin. Oncogene. 2012;31(15):1938-1948.
- Zhou Z, Du X, Cai Z, Song X, Zhang H, Mizuno T, Suzuki E, Yee MR, Berezov A, Murali R, Wu SL, Karger BL, Greene MI, Wang Q. Structure of Sad1-UNC84 homology (SUN) domain defines features of molecular bridge in nuclear envelope. J Biol Chem. 2012 Feb 17;287(8):5317-5326.