Haiyen Zhau, PhD
Haiyen Zhau, PhD
The primary research focus of Haiyen Zhau, PhD, is on establishing and characterizing the plasticity of human bone metastatic prostate cancer cell lines and models. He is also searching for and validating cancer progression biomarkers that predict the lethality of human prostate cancer.
- Hu P, Chu GC, Zhu G, Yang H, Luthringer D, Prins G, Habib F, Wang Y, Wang R, Chung LW, Zhau HE. Multiplexed quantum dot labeling of activated c-Met signaling in castration-resistant human prostate cancer. PLoS One. 2011;6(12):e28670.
- Lue HW, Yang X, Wang R, Qian W, Xu RZ, Lyles R, Osunkoya AO, Zhou BP, Vessella RL, Zayzafoon M, Liu ZR, Zhau HE, et al. LIV-1 promotes prostate cancer epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and metastasis through HB-EGF shedding and EGFR-mediated ERK signaling. PLoS One. 2011;6(11):e27720.
- Zhau HE, He H, Wang CY, Zayzafoon M, Morrissey C, Vessella RL, Marshall FF, Chung LW, Wang R. Human prostate cancer harbors the stem cell properties of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2011 Apr 15;17(8):2159-2169.
- Zhau HE, Odero-Marah V, Lue HW, Nomura T, Wang R, Chu G, Liu ZR, Zhou BP, Huang WC, Chung LW. Epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) in human prostate cancer: lessons learned from ARCaP model. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2008;25(6):601-610.
- Zhau HE, Zhao LS, Chung LW, Chen BQ, Troncoso P, Kao C, Kojima M, Fraser Symmans W, Zheng N, et al. Comparative studies of prostate cancers among United States, Chinese, and Japanese patients: characterization of histopathology, tumor angiogenesis, neuroendocrine factors, and p53 protein accumulations.Urol Oncol. 1995 Mar-Apr;1(2):51-63.
- Zhau HY, Chang SM, Chen BQ, Wang Y, Zhang H, Kao C, Sang QA, Pathak SJ, Chung LW. Androgen-repressed phenotype in human prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996 Dec 24;93(26):15152-15157.