Amit Gupta, MD
West Medical Office Tower
8635 W. Third St.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Parking is available in Lot 4. Validation is available only for this lot.
Amit Gupta, MD
Adrenal Gland Cancers
Adrenalectomy (Adrenal Gland Removal)
Cystectomy (Urinary Bladder Removal)
Neobladder Surgery / Surgeries
Robotic Partial and Radical Nephrectomy
Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction (UPJ)
Amit Gupta, MD, MPH, is an expert and thought leader in robotic surgery and urologic oncology. He is among a handful of surgeons in the world who perform extremely complex robotic surgeries such as robotic inferior vena cava (IVC) tumor thrombectomy and IVC repair, robotic radical cystectomy with intracorporal urinary diversions (including neobladder) and robotic supine retroperitoneal lymph node dissection. Gupta has extensive training and experience with open, robotic and laparoscopic surgeries. He did his urology residency at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas. He completed his urologic oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York. Gupta was then recruited to the University of Iowa, where he established the Robotic Cystectomy Program for bladder cancer. He developed a reputation for performing novel and extremely complex surgeries for bladder, prostate, kidney and testis cancers. He was sought by patients from all over Iowa and from surrounding states. Gupta was instrumental in establishing the Urologic Oncology Fellowship at the University of Iowa. He was subsequently promoted to clinical associate professor of Urology. Gupta was then recruited to the Cedars-Sinai Urology Academic Practice to be the director of the Bladder Cancer Program. Gupta treats patients with urological cancers such as those of the bladder, prostate, kidney and testis. His research interests include studying bone health in bladder cancer patients, early detection of post-surgery complications and preventing rehospitalization, clinical trials and surgical therapy of advanced and metastatic prostate cancer. He has published his research in high impact journals such as the Journal of Clinical Oncology, European Urology, Journal of Urology, Urology, British Journal of Urology, Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention, and Clinical Cancer Research.
- Medical School: All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi, 2002
- Master's: University of Texas, School of Public Health, 2004
- Residency: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 2009
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 2011
Awards & Activities
- Journal of Urology: Best reviewer
- AUA Foundation Research Scholar
- ASCO Cancer Foundation Merit Award
- The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons: Outstanding Laparoendoscopic Resident Surgeon Award
- Most Distinguished Resident Physician Award, American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Outstanding New Student Tuition Scholarship, University of Texas School of Public Health
- World Health Organization Travel Award
- Gupta A, Atoria C, Ehdaie B, Shariat SF, Rabbani F, Herr HW, Bochner BH, Elkin E. Risk of fracture after radical cystectomy and urinary diversion for bladder cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2014 Oct 10;32(29):3291-3298.
- Lotan Y*, Gupta A*, Shariat SF, Palapattu GS, Vazina A, Karakiewicz PI, Bastian PJ, Rogers CG, Amiel G, Perotte P, et al. Lymphovascular invasion is independently associated with overall survival, cause-specific survival, and local and distant recurrence in patients with negative lymph nodes at radical cystectomy. J Clin Oncol. 2005 Sep 20;23(27):6533-6539. *Equal contribution
- Ehdaie B, Atoria CL, Gupta A, Feifer A, Lowrance WT, Morris MJ, Scardino PT, Eastham JA, Elkin EB. Androgen deprivation and thromboembolic events in men with prostate cancer. Cancer. 2012 Jul 1;118(13):3397-3406.
- Moriarty MA, Uhlman MA, Bing MT, O’Donnell M, Brown JA, Tracy CR, Deorah S, Nepple KG, Lee DK, Gupta A. Evaluating the safety of intraoperative instillation of intravesical chemotherapy at the time of nephroureterectomy. BMC Urol. 2015 May 28;15:45.
- Lotan Y, Karam J, Shariat SF, Gupta A, Roupret M, Bensalah K, Margulis V. Renal-cell carcinoma risk estimates based on participants in the prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian cancer screening trial and national lung screening trial. 2016 Apr;34(4):167.e9-16.
- Gupta A, Feifer A, Gotto G, Kraus D, Carver B and Sheinfeld J. Outcomes after resection of Post chemotherapy residual neck mass in patients with Germ Cell Tumor – an update. Urology. 2011 Mar;77(3):655-659.
English / Hindi