Reva K. Basho, MD
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Reva K. Basho, MD
Reva K. Basho, MD, is an assistant professor of Medicine and a breast medical oncologist at the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Dr. Basho joined Cedars-Sinai in 2016 after completing her training at MD Anderson Cancer Center. She prides herself in practicing up to date, evidence based medicine and tailors her care to each patient's specific needs. Her clinical and research interests focus on the most aggressive types of breast cancer. Dr. Basho is working to develop new treatment strategies that will benefit women with advanced breast cancer while minimizing toxic side effects and preserving quality of life. Clinically, she places an emphasis on integrated, multidisciplinary care.
- Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine, 2010
- Residency: UCLA, 2013
- Fellowship: MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2016
Awards & Activities
- ASCO/Conquer Cancer Foundation Young Investigator Award, 2016
- The Allison and Brian Grove Endowed Fellowship for Breast Medical Oncology, 2016
- AACR Scholar-in-Training Award, 2015
- ASCO Merit Award, 2015
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, 2010
- American Medical Women’s Association Glasgow-Rubin Certificate of Commendation for Academic Achievement, 2010
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, 2010
- Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society, 2006
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications.
- Basho RK, Gilcrease M, Murthy RK, Helgason T, Karp DD, Meric-Bernstam F, Hess KR, Herbrich SM, Valero V, Albarracin C. Targeting the PI3K/AKT/mTOR Pathway for the Treatment of Mesenchymal Triple-Negative Breast Cancer: Evidence From a Phase 1 Trial of mTOR Inhibition in Combination With Liposomal Doxorubicin and Bevacizumab. JAMA Oncol. 2016 Nov 23. [Epub ahead of print]
- Basho RK, de Melo Gagliato D, Ueno NT, Wathoo C, Chen H, Shariati M, Wei C, Alvarez RH, Moulder SL, Sahin AA. Clinical outcomes based on multigene profiling in metastatic breast cancer patients. Oncotarget. 2016 Nov 22;7(47):76362-76373.
English / Hindi