Tara Cohen, PhD
Tara Cohen, PhD
Tara Cohen, PhD, is a research scientist at Cedars-Sinai. In 2017, she earned her doctorate in human factors from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida. Her research interests involve proactive approaches to patient safety through potential threat identification. Dr. Cohen has published her work in a number of peer-reviewed journals including Anaesthesia, the American Journal for Medical Quality, the Journal for Patient Safety, the Journal for Medical Systems and the Journal for Healthcare Quality. She has also given a number of presentations at both national and international meetings.
- Undergraduate: University of Southern California, 2013
- Master's: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, 2015
- Doctorate: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, 2017
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications.
- Cohen TN, Cabrera JS, Litzinger TL, Captain KA, Fabian MA, Miles SG, Reeves ST, Shappell SA, Boquet AJ. Proactive Safety Management in Trauma Care: Applying the Human Factors Analysis and Classification System. J Health Qual. 2017. [Epub ahead of print]
- Cohen TN, Cabrera JS, Sisk OD, Welsh KL, Abernathy JH, Reeves ST, Wiegmann DA, Shappell SA, Boquet AJ. Identifying workflow disruptions in the cardiovascular operating room. Anaesthesia. 2016 Aug 1;71(8):948-954.
- Boquet AJ, Cohen TN, Reeves ST, Shappell SA. Flow disruptions impacting the surgeon during cardiac surgery: Defining the boundaries of the error space. Perioperative Care and Operating Room Management. 2017 Jun 30;7:1-6.
- Boquet A, Cohen T, Diljohn F, Cabrera J, Reeves S, Shappell S. A Theoretical Model of Flow Disruptions for the Anesthesia Team During Cardiovascular Surgery. J Patient Saf. 2017 Jul 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- Cohen TN, Wiegmann DA, Reeves ST, Boquet AJ, Shappell SA. Coding human factors observations in surgery. Am J Med Qual. 2016 Oct 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Cohen TN, Wiegmann DA, Shappell SA. Evaluating the reliability of the human factors analysis and classification system. Aerosp Med Hum Perform. 2015 Aug 1;86(8):728-735.