Odelia B. Cooper, MD
99 N. La Cienega Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Parking located north of the main entrance on La Cienega Blvd. Validation not provided.
Odelia B. Cooper, MD
Diabetes Mellitus (Type 1 & 2)
Insulin Pump Therapy
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
Dr. Cooper's goals in pituitary tumor research are to understand signaling pathways contributing to pituitary tumorigenesis in order to develop new therapies targeting recurrent tumor growth and invasion. Based on her work on a rare subset of aggressive tumors, Dr. Cooper began to investigate mechanisms by which pituitary tumors progress from noninvasive to invasive behavior. This led to her interest in the ErbB pathway to see if these receptors play an active role in pituitary tumorigenesis. Dr. Cooper is now validating clinical response of patients with aggressive tumors to ErbB targeted therapy.
- Undergraduate: Johns Hopkins University, 1998
- Medical School: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2002
- Residency: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center- Internal Medicine, 2006
- Fellowship: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center- Clinical Endocrinology, 2008
- Fellowship: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center- Endocrine Research, 2009
Awards & Activities
- Recipient- NIH K23 Career Development Award
- Member- Endocrine Society and Pituitary Society
- Recipient- Outstanding PBL Tutor Award, University of California, Los Angeles
- Schell MJ, Cooper OB, Snyder SH: D-aspartate localizations imply neuronal and neuroendocrine roles. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.. 1997, 94(5): 2013-8
- Cooper O, Geller JL, Melmed S: Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome caused by an FSH-secreting pituitary adenoma. Nature clinical practice. Endocrinology & metabolism. 2008, 4(4): 234-8
- Vlotides G, Cooper O, Chen YH, Ren SG, Greenman Y, Melmed S: Heregulin regulates prolactinoma gene expression. Cancer Res., 2009, 69(10): 4209-16
- Cooper O, Vlotides G, Fukuoka H, Greene MI, Melmed S. Expression and function of ErbB receptors and ligands in the pituitary. Endocrine Related Cancer. 2011,18:R197-R211.
- Cooper O, Ben-Shlomo A, Bonert V, Bannykh S, Mirocha J, Melmed S. Silent corticogonadotroph adenomas: clinical and cellular characteristics and long term outcomes. Hormones and Cancer. 2010; 1:80-92
- Cooper O, Mamelak A, Bannykh S, Carmichael JD, Bonert V, Lim S, Cook-Wiens G, Ben-Shlomo A. Prolactinoma ErbB receptor expression and targeted therapy for aggressive tumors. Endocrine. 2014; 46:318-27.