Terrence T. Kim, MD
Mark Goodson Building
444 S. San Vicente Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Terrence T. Kim, MD
Back and Neck Pain
Disc Disorders (Bulging, Herniated, Slipped, Degenerative, Ruptured)
Disc Replacement Surgery / Surgeries
Disc Surgery / Surgeries
Facet Joint Syndrome
Laminotomy / Laminectomy
Scoliosis (Spinal Deformity)
Spine Fusion Surgery / Surgeries
Spine Surgery / Surgeries (Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar, Sacral)
The research interests of Terrence T. Kim, MD, are comprehensive and reflect his specialties in the areas of spine surgery. These interests include minimally invasive surgical procedures, motion preservation technology, cervical spine deformity correction, developing a classification for adult scoliosis, outcomes in spondylolisthesis patients, and emerging technology in CT-image guidance and computer-assisted navigation surgery. In addition to his research duties, he participates in daily training of postgraduate fellow spine surgeons and residents at Cedars-Sinai.
- Medical School: Pritzker School of Medicine, 2003
- Residency: University of Maryland School of Medicine, 2008
- Fellowship: Institute for Spinal Disorders, 2009
Awards & Activities
- Research Grant, "Improving the delivery of O-arm Navigation Spine Surgery: An analysis of workflow," Medtronic, Inc, 2014
- Vice-President, The Spine Institute Foundation, 2014
- Director of Education and Spine Fellowship Training, The Spine Institute Foundation, 2014
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2014
- Haid Research Award, 2013
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications.
- Drazin D, Hussain M, Harris J, Hao J, Phillips M, Kim TT, Johnson JP, Bucklen B. The role of sacral slope in lumbosacral fusion: a biomechanical study. J Neurosurg Spine. 2015;14:1-9.
- Al-Khouja L, Shweikeh F, Pashman R, Johnson JP, Kim TT, Drazin D. Economics of image guidance and navigation in spine surgery. Surg Neurol Int. 2015;6(Suppl 10):S323-326.
- Drazin D, Shweikeh F, Wieshofer E, Kim TT, Johnson JP. Public awareness of the bone morphogenic protein controversy: Evidence from news publications. Surg Neurol Int. 2014;5(Suppl 15):S529-535.
- Al-Khouja LT, Baron EM, Johnson JP, Kim TT, Drazin D. Cost-effectiveness analysis in minimally invasive spine surgery. Neurosurg Focus. 2014;36(6):E4.
- Drazin D, Kim TT, Polly DW Jr, Johnson JP. Introduction: Intraoperative spinal imaging and navigation. Neurosurg Focus. 2014;36(3):Introduction.
- Johnson JP, Drazin D, King WA, Kim TT. Image-guided navigation and video-assisted thoracoscopic spine surgery: the second generation. Neurosurg Focus. 2014;36(3):E8.
English / English / Korean / Spanish