Maria Lauda Tomasi, PhD
Maria Lauda Tomasi, PhD
The research of Maria Lauda Tomasi, PhD, focuses on molecular pathways in the pathogenesis of liver, colon and breast cancer, as well as alcoholic liver disease. She also is working on dysregulation of post-translational modifications (phosphorylation and sumoylation) in cancer and alcoholic liver disease.
- Doctorate: University of Turin, 2008
- Master's: University of Southern California, 2010
- Fellowship: University of Southern California, 2013
Awards & Activities
- American Society for Investigative Pathology, 2012-15
- Society for Hepatic Sinusoidal Research, 2011-15
- Italian Society of Pathology, 2010-15
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, 2009-15
- Pathobiology for investigators, students, and academicians (PISA) Junior Faculty Travel Award. Baltimore, USA, 2015
- Mentored Research Scientist Development Award (K01), 2013
- Young Investigator Award, International Symposium on the Cells of the Hepatic Sinusoid. Osaka, Japan, 2013
- Postdoctoral Individual National Research Service Award (F32), 2010
- San Paolo Fundation Fellowship. Turin, Italy, 2002
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications.
- Tomasi ML, Ryoo M, Ramani K, Tomasi I, Giordano P, Mato JM, Lu SC. Methionine adenosyltransferase α2 sumoylation positively regulate Bcl-2 expression in human colon and liver cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2015 Nov 10;6(35):37706-37723.
- Ramani K, Donoyan S, Tomasi ML, Park S. Role of methionine adenosyltransferase α2 and β phosphorylation and stabilization in human hepatic stellate cell trans-differentiation. J Cell Physiol. 2015;230(5):1075-1085.
- Ramani K, Tomasi ML, Yang H, Ko K, Lu SC. Mechanism and significance of changes in glutamate-cysteine ligase expression during hepatic fibrogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287(43):36341-3655.
- Tomasi ML, Li TW, Li M, Mato JM, Lu SC. Inhibition of human methionine adenosyltransferase 1A transcription by coding region methylation. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227(4):1583-15891.
- Tomasi ML, Ryoo M, Skay A, Tomasi I, Giordano P, Mato JM, Lu SC. Polyamine and methionine adenosyltransferase 2A crosstalk in human colon and liver cancer. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319(12):1902-1911.
- Tomasi ML, Ryoo M, Yang H, Iglesias Ara A, Ko KS, Lu SC. Molecular mechanisms of lipopolysaccharide-mediated inhibition of glutathione synthesis in mice. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;68:148-158.
- Tomasi ML, Tomasi I, Ramani K, Pascale RM, Xu J, Giordano P, Mato JM, Lu SC. S-adenosyl methionine regulates ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme 9 protein expression and sumoylation in murine liver and human cancers. Hepatology. 2012;56(3):982-993.