Padmesh Rajput, PhD
Padmesh Rajput, PhD
The research of Padmesh Rajput, PhD, focuses on translational and preclinical research to establish effective therapeutic approaches for stroke therapy, as well as determining the role of thrombin and thrombin receptors in pathophysiology of stroke. He is developing new therapeutic and diagnostic approaches using microRNA and exosomes in ischemia, as well as developing clinically relevant models of hypothermia therapy for stroke.
- Master's: University of Hertfordshire, 2006
- Doctorate: University of British Columbia, 2012
Awards & Activities
- American Heart Association, 2013
- Ad-hoc Reviewer: Journal of Neurochemistry, 2013
- Ad-hoc Reviewer: Journal of Neurology and Neurophysiology, 2013
- Ad-hoc Reviewer: Translational Stroke Research, 2013
- Subhash C. Verma Memorial Prize in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2009
- John H. McNeill Scholarship, 2008
- Young Neuroscientist Award (CAN-ACN and Eli Lilly), 2008
- Teaching Assistant Appreciation Award, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Canadian Association of Neuroscience, 2007
- Society of Neuroscience, 2007
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, 2007
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications.
- Lapchak PA, Boitano PD, Butte PV, Fisher DJ, Hölscher T, Ley EJ, Nuño M, Voie AH, Rajput PS. Transcranial Near-Infrared Laser Transmission (NILT) profiles (800 nm): systematic comparison in four common research species. PLoS One. 2015;10(6):e0127580.
- Rajput PS, Lyden PD, Chen B, Lamb J, Pereira B, Lamb A, Zhao L, Lei IF and Bai J. Protease activated receptor-1 mediates cytotoxicity during ischemia using in vivo and in vitro models. Neuroscience. 2014;281C:229-240.
- Lyden PD, Pereira B, Chen B, Zhao L, Lamb J, Lie I, Rajput PS. Direct thrombin inhibitor argatroban reduces stroke damage in 2 different models. Stroke. 2014;45(3):896-899.
- Wang Y, Zhao Z, Chow N, Rajput PS, Griffin JH, Lyden PD, Zlokovic BV. Activated protein C analog protects from ischemic stroke and extends the therapeutic window of tissue-type plasminogen activator in aged female mice and hypertensive rats. Stroke. 2013;44(12):3529-3536.
- Lapchak PA, Bombien R, Rajput PS. J-147 a novel hydrazide lead compound to treat neurodegeneration: CeeTox™ and genotoxicity analysis. J Neurol Neurophysiol. 2013;4(3).
- Van Winkle J, Chen B, Lie I, Pereira B, Rajput PS, Lyden PD. Concurrent middle cerebral artery occlusion and intra-arterial drug infusion via ipsilateral common carotid artery catheter in the rat. J. Neurosci Methods. 2013;213(1):63-69.