Yibin Xie, PhD
Yibin Xie, PhD
The research of Yibin Xie, PhD, focuses on the development of non-invasive imaging techniques such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) to detect and characterize atherosclerosis. His research involves advanced image acquisition and reconstruction techniques, as well as machine learning-based post-processing aimed at improving the diagnosis and treatment strategies of major cardiovascular diseases, including stroke and coronary artery diseases.
- Undergraduate: Zhejiang University, 2008
- Master's: Johns Hopkins University, 2010
- Doctorate: UCLA, 2015
Awards & Activities
- Junior Fellow, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2017
- SCMR Seed Grant, Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 2017
- Young Investigator Award, Overseas Chinese Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2017
- Summa Cum Laude, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Top Abstract Award, ISMRM Cardiac Study Group, 2015, 2016
- Regional Scholarship, Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 2016, 2017
- Magna Cum Laude, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2013, 2014
- Xie Y, Kim YJ, Pang J, Kim JS, Yang Q, Wei J, Nguyen CT, Deng Z, Choi BW, Fan Z, et al. Coronary Atherosclerosis T1-Weighed Characterization With Integrated Anatomical Reference: Comparison With High-Risk Plaque Features Detected by Invasive Coronary Imaging. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017 Jun;10(6):637-648. Epub 2016 Oct 12.
- Xie Y, Jin H, Zeng M, Li D. Coronary Artery Plaque Imaging. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2017 Sep;19(9):37.
- Xie Y, Yang Q, Xie G, Pang J, Fan Z, Li D. Improved black-blood imaging using DANTE-SPACE for simultaneous carotid and intracranial vessel wall evaluation. Magn Reson Med. 2016 Jun;75(6):2286-2294. Epub 2015 Jul 8.
- Xie Y, Yu W, Fan Z, Nguyen C, Bi X, An J, Zhang T, Zhang Z, Li D. High resolution 3D diffusion cardiovascular magnetic resonance of carotid vessel wall to detect lipid core without contrast media. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2014 Sep 17;16:67.
- Xie Y, Fan Z, Saouaf R, Natsuaki Y, Laub G, Li D. Adaptive online self-gating (ADIOS) for free-breathing noncontrast renal MR angiography. Magn Reson Med. 2015 Jan;73(1):312-317.